Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Our Sansui tv Model HDLCD26120 Will not turn on by remote

Customer Question

our Sansui tv Model HDLCD26120 Will not turn on by remote nor by pushing on button.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Kenneth.

Do you see any lights or indicators on the tv (solid or flashing) any clicking sounds, etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
electric plug in ok, but no response whatsoever on tv
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, at minimum a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2009 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These "off brand" tvs typically last a 2-3 years at most, so it is well past its service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which would require dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics with a digital multimeter to test voltages inside, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/brand/age, replacement will make more sense though. You can get a brand new LED tv with a fresh warranty from a more reputable brand for $150-200.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,