Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My vizio tv is about 3 yo. I notice about 3 mos ago it

Customer Question

my vizio tv is about 3 yo. I notice about 3 mos ago it started to stop while we are watching a program, any program at any time. That would last several min. then come back on. Now it seems to be occurring more frequently. Looking for help!! Thanks!
Carolyn
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi Carolyn , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Does the tv actually turn off as if you had pressed the power button or you just lose the picture for example ?

Send me your reply whenever you can , I will have to step out for a bit and get back to you as soon as I return in 20 minutes or so.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the tv doesn't actually turn off but you lose the picture and the sound. Minutes later they both resume
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ps this happens very frequently during a program.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
leaving will be gone several hrs. please send your reply asap and I will respond. Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Looks like we missed each other and I`ll have to wait until you come back before giving an answer as I have a couple more questions before giving you an answer .

For example , can you see the TV's own menu when this happens ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm back and No I cannot see the TV's own menu when this happens. As a matter of fact, the tv screen goes completely blank.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

o.k then your tv has a main board problem and this is quite common for this serie of vizio

Main board for this model typically runs at $100 depending on the version in yours and supplier .

If you are up to look into repairing this yourself then let me know and i`ll find that board for you

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you