Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Changed the frc board on RCA led55g55r120q tv and now on

Customer Question

Changed the frc board on RCA led55g55r120q tv and now on start up all I get is blue screen. Had changed main board after tv went dead and it did work but there was issue with color and shadows
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The frc board was the last board changed. Tv still works with old frc board but there was no blue color. With new frc board tv does lite up with blue screen but can't get to menu, input etc. i.e. Does nothing
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then right now no menu ,input etc.

With the old board (FRC) , do you get the menu ,input etc. beside the fact that you get no blue ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then right now the way I see this is that the old FRC board is fine but you either got the wrong version or a defective main board replacement .

My guess would be a wrong version and as far as the new FRC board is concerned then it is pretty much the same .

By the look of it there was quite a few different versions of main boards and FRC boards as well .

I would start by re-installing the old FRC as I`m sure its fine and now you would have only the main board to deal with .

About the original main board , can you see this number on it ; 55120RE01M3393LNA5

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

And now for the critical part , what is the extension of that number , is it A1 , C1,C2,C3 ,O1,O2,O3 etc. ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
orginal main board had LN35-C2 at end
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the exact replacement ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will take a look right now. Give me 2.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem and by the way , what do you mean by "no blue " ?

Do you mean it has a green/orange tint or the basic blue that makes a gray raster is missing ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bo
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

B0 ?

Does that match with the one you got ?

Did you see my last question above ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Board number ended in LNA5-N3 that I bought
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then it would be difficult to say which board can sub another with these rca`s , there is zero info on this and by the look of it its just a game of trying it out and see if it works.

Can you tell me about this NO BLUE condition .

Does the TV's own menu show correctly for example ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone number?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Not sure a phone call would do any good at this point and in any case it would have to be done through this website and there is an extra $18 charge

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Original board was a b1(last number second line), board I bought was a1. Could that make a difference?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

As I said above , there is no way I would know except to say that you would definitely be better off getting the exact number .

This one could perhaps be a SUB but may be not , there is zero data on these rca unless you were to contact china or korea or wherever they make those boards.

Now ;

Can you tell me about this NO BLUE condition ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Menu does show correctly but background screen is almost red color not blue. The red color is the same color that shows up as shadows on the people on screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k and by background screen you mean the picture of whatever is connected to it ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

What is connected to it and how ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean when I turn tv on and hit menu, I get box that shows up in middle of screen. The rest of screen-not in menu box- is red
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You said the menu was showing correctly ?

If so then forget about the menu for now

What is connected to it and how ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you mean connected to tv there is a DVD player and an att unversed cable box. With the new frc board nothing shows up not even menu box. Sorry , I don't think I made that clear. I'm a bit of a dumb ass when it comes to this- my first tv repair
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I have to go now and will opt out

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The dvd and att box both show red ?

Are they connected hdmi ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I still have a few minutes , I just wasn`t getting a reply from you .

Just this one last question then ;

You are you saying that both the DVD and ATT box show red

Did you try them HDMI or component type connection ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red shadowing On both. Tried hdmi and component.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then you either got the wrong version of main board or a defective main board , it is as simple as that , the problem lies with that main board , nowhere else

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir!! Any idea where I can buy the correct one?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the original number again , not sure what we have here

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Was that a typo ?

LN35-C2 , did you mean LNA5-C2 ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LNA35-C2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks much!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Just search for ; 55120RE01M3393LNA35-C2 and you will find quite a few of them

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Still need help with this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Thanks for understanding .