Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung plasma TV Model PN58A55081FXZA began its problem

Customer Question

My Samsung plasma TV Model PN58A55081FXZA began its problem about a month ago by occasionally showing only a raster occasionally on start-up. Turning it off and back on temporarily would fix it. Now, it went black and will will not light at all. There are two green LEDs blinking on looking through the grid on the back. The blue light on hte bot***** *****ghts and teh red LED on the switch blinks rapidly. A relay can be heard clicking on a long cycle.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the correct model number written on back of TV?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Any repair/ board replacement done to TV in past?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That is the correct model number.
About 7 years old.
No repairs to date.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

PN58A55081FXZA seems incorrect, however, it could be PN58A550S1FXZA so can you please recheck?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It could be a very tight S that looks like an 8. I see both numbers at various places on the internet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here are photos of the labels.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Excellent, first picture shows it is PN58A550S1F model.

TV symptoms indicate scan board failure and some times high voltage section of power supply board also found bad for the same problem in TV. Scan board known as Y-Main and power supply board are suspected, please check Va and Vs volts output on power supply board with multimeter, these volts would be stamped/ marked near the connectors and expected volts are 200V and 60V DC, if meter shows these volts reading (even for a moment) when turn On TV then power board would be OK and y-main board replacement will help to resolve the issue. Please click following link to view y-main board image and part number info that can be used to search/ google to get price and stock info to order it..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-05642b-y-main-board.htm

and below is power supply board link..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00183a-power-supply-unit.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV or invest that amount on new replacement unit. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am working to remove the TV from the wall and then I will check the power supply board for the voltages. I will let you know the values. It would be good if I only have to replace the -main board.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

No problem, take your time and reply back with the power supply volt check result.

Thanks.