Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cloudload no longer works on my TV. It used to work, but now

Customer Question

Cloudload no longer works on my TV. It used to work, but now it doesn't. I have cleared cookies, cache and history, but it still doesn't work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Can you please get the model number off of the back of this TV?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
55UB8200-UH
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thanks. What exactly happens when you try to upload to the Cloud- what do you see on your screen?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not trying to upload. I'm trying to watch programs that I have downloaded to Cloudload.com
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, what exactly happens? What do you see on your screen?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It acts like the website is trying to load, but it never does.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay I understand. Please unplug the LG from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute and plug the set back in and turn it on. Let me know if you have the same problem.

If so- please let me know if OTHER Apps on the TV have the same problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should I power the tv off before I unplug it?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Yes please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't find the power button
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

It's the joystick button located right in the center of the TV- right below the screen- on the underside.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It still won't load. Other apps work ok.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, how old is the set please?

Also, have you considered resetting the TV to "Factory Defaults" and then performing a fresh setup?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The tv is less than a year old. I haven't tried resetting the tv.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay, unless this is just a temporary glitch with the Cloud server (which is possible), you would want to reset the TV to factory defaults (which you can find by using the "User Guide" within the TV to locate). This resets all settings back to shipping status, and you would then need to setup the TV as if it were right out of the box.

I am seeing one glitch with the Cloud Servers today (as posted on their site):

"Cloud Sites engineers are working to resolve an issue affecting the Cloud Sites control panel (CP) at manage.rackspacecloud.com and the Cloud Servers CP at mycloud.rackspace.com. During this time, customers attempting to login to the Cloud Sites CP, may be redirected to the Cloud Servers CP.

As a workaround, customers logged into the Cloud Sites CP may browse to the bottom left corner and choose the Cloud Servers CP. Customers logged into the Cloud Servers CP may browse to the top left corner and choose the drop down labeled "Rackspace Cloud" and select the Cloud Sites CP.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. If you have any further questions, please contact a member of your support team."

You may want to log out of the Cloud and then attempt to log back in before resetting the TV to it's defaults.

Let me know how it goes.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did a factory reset and that didn't help. I checked with Cloudload and they said that the problem was an update that LG did that affected several streaming services. They are working on a fix.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. So there was indeed an issue with Cloudload, which was what I thought, but had no way to confirm with certainty and wanted to give you the steps to try and fix the issue if it was in fact your TV.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.