Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Logitech Harmony 300 tv/cable remote. All works

Customer Question

I have a Logitech Harmony 300 tv/cable remote. All works well except with the "increase volume" control on the unit. "Decrease volume" works well. Any suggestions for self repair, or is there a service to send off for repair? Thanks....
***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, How long have you owned the Harmony 300 for please?

Also have you attempted to re-sync the remote to your devices by connecting to the "MyHarmony" software?

Additionally, not sure what device you have setup to control volume (TV, Home Theater, etc.), but does the "raise volume" work consistently directly on the device itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011.Have not tried a resinc. Will do so.TV and DVD player."raise volume" doesn't work on either.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please disregard last post. It was posted in error.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay you lost me on the "raise volume" doesn't work on either. In other words, what I'm saying is go DIRECTLY to the TV and push the volume up. Does it go up? If not- then your issue has nothing to do with the remote. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. Yes, if I go directly to the tv and press "raise volume", it works well.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay I understand. The only thing you can try with the remote is to re-sync it using the Harmony setup software (MyHarmony APP). Do you have the login credentials and the app installed on your computer? Or did you have someone else set the remote up for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am attempting your suggestion now. Will advise.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any luck?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am downloading harmony software now. Taking a few.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay no problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No success. Please bill me accordingly. Thanks anyhow. How much is the charge?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not privy to billing- independent tech here. Customer service from the home page is whom to contact for that.

Regarding the remote, if it's still not working it sounds like the contact pad is worn under the volume up button. Regarding repairing the remote, since the "350" model can be purchased for as low as $25- I would instead invest in a replacement since your 350 is going on 5 years old:

http://www.meritline.com/logitech-harmony-350-universal-remote-control-915-000230---p-132998.aspx?source=fghdac&gclid=CjwKEAiAkb-zBRC2upezwuyguQ4SJADZG08vd4jBBSYO957pAcHI-xgVqycvA7NBAkgc6lsnENXt1xoC5xDw_wcB

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Have a great day.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and you as well. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

.