Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a new, 43 inch Vizio. When it initially powers up,

Customer Question

I have a new, 43 inch Vizio. When it initially powers up, the v logo usually appears briefly and the vanishes, after which I can access the channels, switch channels, and so forth. However sometimes the v logo appears to e stuck on the screen and there is no way for me to dislodge it, except to unplug the powr to the set, wait a few minutes and then plug the power back in. This is a terrible nuisance and I certainly do not think this isa norm. The [email protected] tech who installed it says the set may be defective. Best Buy will switch it out for us but is really clueless about the problem or its solution. Ho w do I permanently fix this? Martin Fletcher.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, This can be caused by a few possible things. In order to help you, can you get me the model number off of the back of the TV please?

Also have you tried swapping out the HDMI cable with a new one at this point? That is one of the most common cause- since these cables are digital and can cause "lockups" on these sets when they fail.

However that is only the first possible cause. Please reply back and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Are you still with me here?