Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a toshiba 40xv645u no picture just black light and an

Customer Question

Customer: I have a toshiba 40xv645u no picture just black light and an orange blinking standby light? I am looking for ideas on how to fix Is this an inverter issue/
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we can watch the tv for a bit it goes black with sound light on front of tv is orange and blinking we can uplug the tv wait for a few minutes and restart it and it works again for a few minutes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure if you think you can help
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
should I wait for an answer here or email?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do you need more info?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

The way to check to see if this is an inverter issue or backlight issue is to have the TV on and shine a bright flashlight onto the screen. If you can see a faint image on the screen, then the issue has something to do with the backlight or the inverter boards. If the screen is completely black, then I would have to be something else, something most likely related to the power supply. And if that's the case there is one particular issue that comes up on this model frequently. The culprit is integrated circuit Q880 #23135089, part number of IC is STR-W6765. It is attached to a heat sink and soldered onto the power supply circuit board (upper right hand corner as viewed from back of TV).

Here is a picture

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** both and let you know ( after work) Is it normal to have tv then not. We get it for periods and then it goes

Ok. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service using the OK, Good, or Excellent rating icons at your convenience.