Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a vizio m50-c1 trying to hook up a MXQ set top box.

Customer Question

I have a vizio m50-c1 trying to hook up a MXQ set top box. When I connect it with hdmi cable no picture on any of the five inputs. With the cable connected the box locks up and won't turn off. I have a Samsung series 7 tv with an hdmi/dvi port the box works fine on it.Can you help thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please tell me how long you've owned the Vizio for, and also have you tried ANOTHER HDMI cable please? Since HDMI is digital and is not equal among all devices- a cable that works on one TV will not necessarily work on another.

Also, please elaborate on what you're saying here: "With the cable connected the box locks up and won't turn off."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had the tv for four months, I tried three different cables. With the hdmi cable pluged into tv and I plug the power cord in the box turns on but won't shut off. HDMI cable not connected box turns on and off.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the box has nothing to do with the TV directly- so if you're saying your box is turning on and off- then this is a defective cable box.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you have another device you can connect to the TV via HDMI (Blu Ray player, Cable Box from another room, etc.), so we can determine exactly whether or not the TV is the root cause here?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature- and the site charges you more for that as well. Please reply back here.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the box has nothing to do with the TV directly- so if you're saying your box is turning on and off- then this points to a defective cable box.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Just wondering if you needed help with this.