Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Have sansui tv and gave up cable as too expensive. bought

Customer Question

have sansui tv and gave up cox cable as too expensive. bought inside antenna for local free tv as many friends have done hooked up per directions can't get picture, etc. need some help
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There are a few steps you'll have to go through here, however even under the best of circumstances, it may not work well or at all.

This particular model tv has some known design problems related to the internal tuner being of very poor quality and not working well for digital signals.

What you'll have to do is go into the tv setup menu, under channels/antenna. Set the mode to air/antenna (not cable) then run the auto scan (auto program) function.

If that still doesn't work, then it is a limitation/failure of the internal tuner (again, a very common problem with this brand/model). In that case, the best recourse (other than buying a new tv) would be to hook up an external tuner box instead, which will take the place of the defective internal functions on the tv, and actually give you many more features as well such as the ability to record programs to a memory stick or hard drive: http://amzn.to/1NPXwxW

Best regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel entire transaction and confirm cancellation
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I've cancelled the call portion for you. The initial question I've already answered however, as you've viewed above.

Per the terms you agreed to, you've already paid the full fee for the online portion of the support, to the site (not to me).

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.