Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Ihave a 42 amberlite philips, When the unit is unplugged 30

Customer Question

Customer: Hello ***** ***** Ihave a 42 amberlite philips, When the unit is unplugged for say 30 min, and then you plug it in , we get sound for a little while a flash of video and then the power light starts to flash red
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: if the unit stay plugged in , all we can see is the red light flashing and no picture or sound I am thinking it could be a power supply problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the Ambi-Light and also tell me how long you've owned it for?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Additionally check the "red flash" and count the number of flashes between pauses. Let me know what you get (for example 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, pause, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Do you need help with this question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model number is ***** PF 96308
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mod 42pf9630a/37 2005 the red flashing is continuously no pausing
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. Okay so no groups of pauses, and the set has sound, correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Also, I need to know if that light blinks as soon as the TV is plugged in, or only after the power button is pressed?