Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I'm trying to stop the sound from my tv so i can use my

Customer Question

hi,
I'm trying to stop the sound from my tv so i can use my remote of my sound bar? I also wonder if I can use my remote from my vizio TV to control the sound of the sound bar? Please help because I'm going nuts. I tried to go to settings on the TV and none of the numbers (3) would stop the volume
Thanks for your help
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hi, Do you have a model number from the back of the TV?

How about the Brand and Model of the soundbar?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Just wondering if you needed assistance here.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Aric
My TV model is E43-c-2 and my Sound
Bar is Model SB-3821-66 I got the sound to work but I'm stuck using two remotes. Is there any way I can use the TV remote to control the sound bar. I'm not happy with the sound of the Sound Bar so I'm thinking of adding two more speakers. The directions call for wiring the two additional speakers to the woofer but I'm uncertain if it has enough power for the speakers. What do you think?
Thanks so much for your help..
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for the reply. You cannot program the remote for either device to the other. If you wanted a fully functional single remote solution, then I would suggest a Logitech Harmony (which is the standard for universal remotes in the installation field).

Now as far as adding more speakers? You lost me here, as the subwoofer has no provisions or connections to add additional speakers, as I'm looking at the instruction manual for this system right now. Please reference where you are seeing that.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

You're welcome Mike. One option to add more speakers would be to use the optical port on the TV and "split" the signal to another set of speakers. If you need more details on that let me know.

Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.