Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Aric, ***** ***** here. We have an LG 50PC1DRA plasma from

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Aric, ***** ***** here. We have an LG 50PC1DRA plasma from 2006. Recently it has started shutting itself off with a loud "pop" sound. I removed the back cover and cleaned a lot of dirt from inside, now it is staying on. Not sure the dirt was the problem, what should I be checking for?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: everything works fine on the tv, but it will shut itself off with a loud "pop" sound. Some times it will stay on only a few seconds, other times it is several minutes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having problems here when the set shuts down does it drop to standby red light lit?or is the light in the front of the set out completely?

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The red light is on like a normal power off

OK you do have a problem with one of the boards in the set likely to be power-board but checks both visually and with a meter are needed to verify that suspicion, if you think you can do work yourself please let me know.

If you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area.

Sorry this is nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I do HVAC service and have a quality multi meter. I feel able to do the checks as long as I know what I am checking