Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My WD-65737 Television keeps shutting off after the welcome

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****.... My WD-65737 Television keeps shutting off after the welcome screen comes up....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No.... The TV comes on then promptly shuts off when the welcome screen comes on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Does the welcome screen appear bright and sharp?

- Have you tried to unplug TV cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The Welcome screen is just starting to show, so its dull, not bright...
I've tried the unplug cords for 10 or more minutes...
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, do you get lamp light lit on TV when TV switch Off after welcome screen?

Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Any repair/ part replacement done to TV in past?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No.... All I get it a blinking red light....
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just the Lamp.
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, flashing red light indicates failure in TV and we need to get error code from TV through following procedure to know what is the failure to fix it..

Turn On TV to get welcome screen, let it switch Off itself to get flashing red light.

press the front panel ACTIVITY + CH DOWN buttons on TV front at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. The STATUS LED will then flash denoting a two digit code.

Example: If the Error Code is “23”, the LED will flash two times, pause, and then flash three times.

Do you get any error code from TV?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The code is 37
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Nice, this error code indicates DMD fan failure for some reason. Please take off lower back cover of TV and you will see a cooling fan in approx middle mounted over a circuit board (DMD board) which isn't running/ jammed or not sending feedback signals to main controller chip and it thinks the fan is bad.

Please click following link to view the lamp and price info if you wish to replace it yourself..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-299P310B20-DMD-Fan-Nidec-D34902-57-T92T12MHA7-Delta-AUB0912L-18475-/231691949065?hash=item35f1ea9409

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.