Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a Panasonic model # tc-p50s30 that will not turn on.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic model # ***** that will not turn on. Please help on what options I have to fix
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I'm wally. I'm replying back to you. Trying to find out how to fix my tv
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi Wally , few questions first .

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?
Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It blinked I think about 6 times when tried to turn on. It made a click noise one's and now will not turn on at all. And no storms prior.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

o.k and is the light blinking at the front now or its dead ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you pull out the power cord for a minute and plug it back , does it do the same thing ?

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I plug up it blinks 7 times. Will not turn on
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k but now , does it still blink or stops completely after the initial blinking ?

Reason for asking is that those TV's have a built-in error code system that will be given in blinks , for example 6 blinks/pause/6 blinks and so on but its continuous , it doesn`t stop

So now , is the light still blinking or it stopped ??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When plugged up, it blinks 7 times paused then 7 times and so on
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then I`m afraid that this is a serious problem that points to your SC,SD and SU boards , those are the y-sustain board and its buffer boards .

You are looking at around $200 and sorry to say but not the easiest work to do if you are planning on working this yourself

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Here is you blink code chart , click the link below;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5eosu2w3ljfksnc/2015-12-12_1620.png?dl=0

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

By the way , if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"
The picture is behind that .

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Thank you for all your help
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you wish to look into this yourself let me know and we`ll look for those boards .

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $350 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

We cross posted

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Do you have other questions on this ?