Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Kv-36xbr450 blinking red light 4 blinks when off, 7 blinks

Customer Question

kv-36xbr450 blinking red light
4 blinks when off, 7 blinks when we try to cut it on, sounds like its coming on and then it shuts down
we unplugged it overnight and it worked the next day, but we made the mistake of cutting off when we left home and since then the problem has returned
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

Sorry to say this blinking error means the tv will need parts and service that will end up costing more than a new 34" tv and the repair will only come with a short warranty like 90 days. Many boards for this tv are not available anymore and so repairs are not simply plug and play, rather require intense diagnosis and component level repair which requires hiring a very skilled and factory authorized technician. Due to the age of the tv, it's likely another failure will occur and then you are looking at another expensive repair. To locate a trusted servicer in your area enter your zip code at tvrepairpros.com, but my advice is to get a new tv that will come with better picture quality, more features, smaller/lighter, and full warranty.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you website says $5 and then pay the balance if satisfied
I am not satisfied
I am not paying $28 to be told the obvious
Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

The same information would cost you $100 by a local tv repair shop. So you should be thankful.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

If you want a repair shop can come to your home, hand you an estimate for $350, then charge you $100 for doing so. The way tv repair works.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

Exactly why $28 is well worth it. You saved $72, that you can use toward a new tv. I know it's "bad news" but you saved a great deal of time and money.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 12 months ago.

If it was obvious, then you would not have been here.