Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I JUST PUT A NEW LAMP IN MY FRIENDS TOSHIBA 52HM95. IT COMES

Customer Question

I JUST PUT A NEW LAMP IN MY FRIENDS TOSHIBA 52HM95. IT COMES ON FOR A FEW SECONDS THEN THE GREEN LIGHT BLINKS EXACTLY 16 TIMES. I CHECKED THIS 3 TIMES AND EACH TIME 16 BLINKS THEN SHUTS OFF AND THEN IT TRIES TO RESTART.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- What were the previous symptoms of TV that you decided to replace the lamp?

- Where did you get the replacement lamp from and what have you paid for it?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
PREVIOUS WAS NO PICTURE SO MARY BOUGHT A NEW LAMP. TELCO ELECTRONICS IN BOISE, IDAHO. 114.69 COST.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CAN YOU PUT HIM ON LINE THEN PLEASE.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

There are two tiny lights on TV, red and green. Is the only green light blink and not the red?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ONLY THE GREEN ONE BLINKS. 16 TIMES EXACTLY. THEN IT SHUTS OFF. THEN IN A COUPLE OF SECONDS THE RED POWER LIGHT COMES BACK ON AND I THINK IT TRIES TO START BUT CAN'T THEN THE GREEN LIGHT BLINKS 16 TIMES. I COUNTED THEM 5 TIMES. 16 BLINKS EACH TIME.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, did you get old lamp broken/ shattered when took it out from TV?

Was the picture getting dim/ darker in TV with old lamp and then no picture at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THE OLD LAMP CAME OUT FINE. WHEN I PUT THE NEW ONE IN IT ACTUALLY HAD A PICTURE FOR ABOUT 5 TO 7 SECONDS THEN TURNED GREEN AND PURPLE THEN WENT OUT. I WORE THE GLOVE THAT CAME WITH THE NEW LAMP. I NEVER TOUCHED IT WITH MY BARE HANDS. I'VE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE YEARS FOR OTHER FRIENDS BECAUSE I USED TO SERVICE & MAINTAIN LAB EQUIPMENT BEFORE I RETIRED 4 YEARS AGO.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THE NEW LAMP WENT RIGHT IN AND ALL SCREWS WERE TIGHTENED PROPERLY. THE SCREW THAT HOLDS THE LAMP DOOR WAS TIGHT ALSO.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SHAHID, ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HELLO..... SHAHID
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SHAHID, ARE YOU STILL THERE?????
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
O.K. I GIVE UP.......... ARE YOU STILL THERE????
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
SHAHID, MY EMAIL IS: ***@******.*** JOE
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, was away from computer.

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

All the symptoms indicate that new lamp is bad and causing the problem, please return it to supplier and ask for better quality lamp. Since TV shows picture for few seconds that means ballast supply board is working and protection circuit activates when lamp start consuming more current and TV switch Off to protect ballast board.

I trust my input will help you out and better quality lamp will work fine in TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.