Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Mitsubishi 55315 55 in. tv with wavy horizontal

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Mitsubishi 55315 55 in. tv with wavy horizontal lines accross screen. ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's prevalent on all inputs, and constant.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you do soldering work on circuit boards inside TV if want to repair it yourself OR need diagnosis and cost on repair info?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I can do the solder work, but request instruction on having repairs done. I have two tuners, one connected to Cox cable, and the other to Directv. Both have same resulting screen, but it's less on Directv. Same on all inputs.
Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

OK, this kind of problem mostly occurs due to failing capacitors on DM board, replacement of bad capacitors will help to resolve the issue, there is repair kit available a following supplier link contains required parts and detailed instructions to carry out repair..

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/mitsubishi-ws-55315-blinking-light-repair-kit.html

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry, not satisfied.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry for that, leave the answer as it is and do not rate it at all.

I'm opting out to repost the question so you can get second opinion of different expert.

Thanks.