TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

Tv screen says plasma screen starting up please wait.I have

Customer Question

Tv screen says plasma screen starting up please wait.I have waited for over 11/2 hours and nothing has changed. What should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CAN THE TV BE FIXED?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I`m sure it can but i need more info like ;

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cablebox
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then while you see that message , turn off the cable box and tell me what that does ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would feel better if you called me and you can walk me through any steps call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then but the way this website works is that you have to accept an offer i will send you in a minute , i cannot call you just like that , sorry , website rules ,not mine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same screen is on with the cablebox turned off. Plasma display starting up please wait.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then it actually says "plasma display ... " ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

can you give me the model number of this tv and please right now do not take the phone offer ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** 506PU
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k then this is a pioneer

Can you see the tv`s own menu or just that message ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can get to the main menu on the tv but no matter what I do the same screen just keeps appearing
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k then if you can wait I will need 5 to 10 minutes or so to pull out the service manual ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll wait Thank You
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did not find anything specific to that message but there is something I`d like you to try ;

Turn off the display and media box and disconnect the system cables then turn on the display only .

Tell me what you see ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way disconnect the system cables from both sides while you are at it then try the display alone

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Do you see blue and red square alternating on the screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am disconnecting the cables now
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o.k

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no color squares same old screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

o..k then you mean that with the system cables disconnected you get the same message ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

There should be alternating red and blue screens that indicates the system cables are unplugged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
everything is disconnected and still the same screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then the monitor part of the system is having the problem , right now it doesn`t even know the media box is disconnected .

The manual i have is not very extensive and this is pretty much as far as i can go in this context .

I will repost your question and perhaps another tech. here has some info on this problem .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

The PDP-506U is an older TV set. I checked for parts availability and wasn't successful.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=48&q=PDP+506PU

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/6718264/Pioneer/AWV2202/Af_Amp_Assy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AWV2202-AWW1028-ANP2098-D-V2202A-ANP2098-E-PDP-436PU-PDP-436PE-PDP-506PE-/321749551068

That last one, I wouldn't trust it.

But that is an option for you to consider. When the BIG suppliers can't stock parts, you know Pioneer considers this model old and obsolete.

With your setup, I'd consider this TV set as a perfect match -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-64-5-diag--2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-black/4507056.p?id=1219629068853&skuId=4507056

Yeah, they don't make plasmas anymore due to the Energy Star limitations set upon the manufacturers.

If you find a Samsung TV with a "One Connect" box (F9000 series) then you could simply plug the cables into that box, just like your old TV. They made those in 2013/2014.