Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I change the channel on a Vizio D series without the

Customer Question

How do I change the channel on a Vizio D series without the remote?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of your TV?

Also how do you receive broadcasts on the set (cable/SAT box, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Through cable model number D39h-Co
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I need specifics on "through cable". How specifically is cable connected to the TV- Box or no box?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screws into the back of the tv
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay gotcha. I just looked up this model number and this TV does not have any provisions to change channels on the set itself. The remote is needed, and unfortunately there's no way around it. The only button on the set itself is the Power/Input button. This can get you as far as to turn the TV on and to select the TV Input- but from there you would need the remote in order to change channels on the set. You can purchase the OEM remote for this set at the link below:

http://www.sears.com/hdipartservice-new-vizio-xrt112-remote-control-for/p-SPM8239221802?hlSellerId=9150&sid=IDx20110310x00001i&kpid=SPM8239221802&kispla=SPM8239221802

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! Great buy... But thank you for your help
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and best of luck with the set! If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.