Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I just bought a new LED SAMSUNG SMART TV J6200 SERIES 55

Customer Question

Hello!...I just bought a new LED SAMSUNG SMART TV J6200 SERIES 55 INCH. My question is there isn't any step by step on how to set this up ...the problem is the programs keep stopping and restarting and also just losing its (I think WIFI). I have up my MPS and I even have a extender(netgear) programmed to it what else can I do?...I think that the TV it self needs to be prgrammed to wifi maybe I am not sure...but my understanding of a Smart TV is that as long as you have a wifi signal you do not need to plug any cables into it in order for it to work but I have to with this cause when I unplug my HDMI Cable the TV goes blank. The instructions that come with the TV do not explain how to set up my tv, can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately modern tvs are very poorly supported - they don't give manuals any longer.

You have to have a hdmi cord to your cable/satellite box, dvd, etc for it to work.

The wifi connection is only for the apps like netflix.

If you set up the extender properly, then you just need to program the tv to then connect to that extenders network (not to the main wifi network). Go into the menu under network, then wireless, and make sure it is showing as connected to the proper network.

If you still have trouble after that, it is either from poor wifi signal strength, or just that your overall internet connection is too slow.