Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I loved my Insignia NS HD3113 Cd/DVD radio players. Great

Customer Question

I loved my Insignia NS HD3113 Cd/DVD radio players. Great design. I turn it on and the lights just blink fast and repeatedly. Pressing the Stop area for 3 seconds does not work. It happened after a power failure. I've tried everything. I wish I could buy a refurbished one..it was just beautiful simple design cube. I have no found a model with such clean design. Any ideas? Can it be repaired? Reset? (love your products)
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. In that case, it is time for replacement.

Unfortunately, these insigna products are very low quality (using the lowest quality parts available, which is what keeps costs down) and have very short service lives and are easily damaged by any type of power surge. They are not built to be serviceable, there are no parts available, and having it repaired would cost 3x as much as the system is worth. Even if the power surge had not happened, the system would not be expected to last much beyond now anyway as part of its normal service lifespan. For a 2008 model, it is about double its life at this point.

This model is now discontinued and no longer available, but there are some comparable options, I'd suggest the http://amzn.to/1OVJtG0

If you prefer an insignia product (though without the ipod dock): http://amzn.to/1OkFOiq

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.