Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

Philips lcd 55pfl4706/f7 turned off and won't turn back on.

Customer Question

Philips lcd 55pfl4706/f7 turned off and won't turn back on. If I press power on set our remote I get nothing but a single white blink from power light. Have replaced power supply and main board. Same results....help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your TV?

Also did your turn it off, or did it shout off by itself?

And does it get a lot of use?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Off by itself and yes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
1 1/2
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Years old...sorry

Thank you for that information.

This could be one of two things but both require service unfortunately.

This could be the power supply board or the back light but I suspect the power supply board as the fault on this one.

Its something you could replace your self with my assistance if you are handy and have some basic hand tools.

Let me know on that?

I can tell you the best place to get that board I will talk you though this its pretty easy to do.

But if not, you will need to have the TV serviced, Best Buy is very good with this, they send it out for the repair at a good price and they do very high quality repairs.

Or you can check for a small local home audio Video shop, as most of them now perform repairs either at your home or the shop.

I wish I had better news for you, I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete,

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

There is no cost to rate ;-)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Once you rate, I will see that, and put your question in my priority list so when you reply I will get that and continue even though the site shows that it will close the question. It doesn't actually stop out communications until we are through and the job is complete;-)

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Already replaced the power supply and main board. Power supply from eBay and main board from tvguy.com

Thanks, ***** ***** time for the LCD Backlight and its driver board or ballast as its called.

Please rate kindly.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What's the procedure for the backlight?

Hi, you would remove the light and the ballast, as that is the best thing to do in this case because if you just change the lamp, the old ballasts seem to have trouble powering a new one due to the higher current draw on old components.

I think on that one, you need to desolder the back light, the ballast just is a plug in connector I believe.

But if you don;t have good soldering skills it would be best to have someone with experience do this one because its really easy to cause more damage to the board if you make a mistake.

Tech Michael

Please remember to rate kindly so We can remain together, also its the only way I am credited for my time with you.

Thank you.