Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Samsung Smart tv it turned off ok last night tonight

Customer Question

I have Samsung Smart tv it turned off ok last night tonight it will not turn on and the red light is blinking.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. Have you tried the buttons on the tv itself ?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Less than a year. The button under the red light. I see no other button to push.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

There is a "joystick" on the BACK of the tv. In one of the lower corners. Do you see it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not in this TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I press the on off button the red light blinks off and on fast.,
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

See previous post. Did you read the manual page 24 already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV will not come on at all. can't see Joystick because TV will not come on.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

The joystick is a physical controller on the back of the tv. The tv does not need to be on to see the joystick. Have you found the physical joystick on the back of the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No joystick on back of TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not work.
Tried it dumb me I didn't know that was a joystick sorry.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Mike has left the conversation, but I will be glad to help you. There are only two possible causes for the blinking light on the front of the TV- one is a hardware failure and the other is a simple lockup.

Please follow these steps and see if anything changes.

1) Disconnect the TV from power, then press and hold the joystick controller for 10 full seconds and release (this discharges residual current from the TV).

2) Plug the TV back in and press the joystick once to see if it will power on.

3) If this does not work, try those steps up to two more times in the effort to force a reboot of the set.

If none of the above steps bring up the Samsung welcome screen, and/or if the light is still blinking, then this is a hardware failure within the TV that would require attention through Samsung under warranty. Since the set is under one year old, you would need to contact Samsung directly at the number below and start a repair ticket on the set:

1-800-SAMSUNG

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You will try.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.