Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a panasonic 50 inch screen class 720p HDTV model no.

Customer Question

I have a panasonic 50 inch screen class 720p HDTV model no. TH-42PX80 while watching tv last night 3/4 of the screen went black leaving the top 1/4 part playing as usual. can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. How long have you had the Tv?

2. If you press MENU on the Panasonic tv remote, does that menu show up on the entire screen, or is it also only showing up in the top part of the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I brought it new in 2008
2. the menu only show up in the top left (facing TV) portion 1/4 of screen
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Since the menu is also affected, it means the tv has an internal fault that requires taking the back off, checking inside, ordering parts and installing them into the tv. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted, which I can help with also but a tv of that age might not be worth repairing (especially given the prices of 42" tv's these days). Just a diagnosis will usually cost $100+

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** out another TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If you have a moment please show your appreciation by clicking the 5 STARS / SMILEYS rating at the top of the page.