Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I was watching tv when the screen went black, and the

Customer Question

I was watching tv when the screen went black, and the standby light at the bottom left si blinking. I tried rebooting the cable and tv system, and I unplugged the tv for a while. When i plugged it back in, there was no change…the red standby light is still blinking on and off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The light may be blinking red and pausing can you please count the amount of red blinks between pauses please like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks as an example?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 short blinks, then a pause

OK that is back-light failure and on these sets in MOST cases its the back-light itself and a NO GO for repairs because of cost.

I am sorry for dismal news here the back-lights are just behind the display and considered integral to the display and both are not viable to replace

I know its bad news however I still need you to rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site thank you there will be a rating band of stars with this post at the top of the page, please let me know if you need more help

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are saying that this is an indication that the backlights need repair, correct? Also, that the back lights are too expensive to repair, correct? In other words, my TV is done and I need to get another one? It is not cost effective to repair. Please confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did i need to pay $38. I see now on my screen a 7 day free trial. Can I get a refund so I can have the 7 day free trial?

I have nothing to do with billing I am the technician I only get compensated for a CORRECT answer when you rate the answer positively

In a workshop you would need to pay $100 for the same answer