Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our remote will not let us to gh light settings so we can

Customer Question

our remote will not let us to high light settings so we can run the channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hi, Can you tell me what TV we're dealing with here (Make and Model off the back of the set)?

Also what remote are you using (Cable provided remote, or original TV remote)?

Additionally, was the TV working fine before- then suddenly gave you this message?

Please elaborate and we can sort this problem.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
vizio D24h-C1 original remote we have owned this tv for 6 weeks it was working fine all we did was try to hook up the vcr so we had to start over and it will not let us get the channels
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Okay since you added a VCR this complicates things.

I will need more specifics:

1) Is there a cable box being used? If so, how was it connected to the TV (for example: HDMI cable, component video cables, etc.)?

2) Did you change the connections from the cable box to the TV?

3) What is the make and model of the VCR and how is that currently connected to the TV?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the vcr is no longer connected to the tv the satilite is connected a direct cable there is no box in this room the vcr is not the problem why will the tv not allow us to highlight setting so we can get our channels scanned
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Because the TV likely does not need to run a scan.

So right now- what I'm concerned with is HOW specifically is the TV connect to the SAT? Just a coaxial cable running to the set?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Also just to clarify, is this exactly the way the TV was connected before the attempt to connect the VCR?

The answer generally lies in the details, which is why I'm asking these questions.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it is giving us a no signl it is hooked up the same way it always was it is not displaying the channel tell me how to be able to highlight settings is it the remote or the tv the connection is direct cable
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Find the Input button on your Vizio remote and go to the TV Input. Let me know what you see.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Or let me know if you're unable to change the Input- meaning the TV will not respond to the remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
there are 4 choices 3cicriles with satellite underneath next RCB next 3 cable last is apicture of vcr with satellite
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have tried both satellite settings and still will not let me select settings
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

There should be TV, HDMI 1, 2, etc. RGB and some others. Not sure if you names the VCR SAT setting or not? Please select that one. If that does not work, then select EACH one, one at a time until you see your SAT picture. Let me know. No settings- just change the Input.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do any of the Input choices allow you to see your SAT programming?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I know what screen you are talking about I have seen it on my aunts tv all there is for input is what I told you the only time hdmi is a choice is when you choose guided set up and there is only one choice
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the problem is the remote will not let us high lite settings so we con scan channels
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
am I talking to a vizio tech because that is what I thought I was doing I would like a phone number to talk to vizio
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
all we get is a no signal statment
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
witch is what happens when the channels need to be scanned we took the cable from the tv to connect the vcr when we disconnected and then reconnected because it did not work we had no channel we need to reset and we cannot with out settings
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
we can do everything that we need to with the remote so the tv is responding it just will not let us select settings