Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Panasonic pt 50lc13-k refuse to stay on blinking and red

Customer Question

My Panasonic pt 50lc13-k refuse to stay on blinking green and red
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Your TV has three lights on the front of it- Temp, Lamp and Power.

Which ones are blinking?

Also describe the blinking so I can look this up (for example: Red blinks 3 times every 5 seconds, while green flashes for 2 minutes then turns Red, etc.).

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Did you need assistance with this problem?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Red blinks 3times every 5seconds,while green flashes for 2minutes then red etc.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The lamp in the back can't stay on
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Okay, these blink codes are pretty specific- so I'm going to look that up in the service manual.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

That code indicates IC6003 detects the error of ballast, then detects the error when the thermal fuse in the ballast is open.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

So according to that blink code, the thermal fuse in the ballast has failed, and requires replacement of that fuse, or of the entire ballast.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

There's a kit at the link below to repair the ballast that includes the thermal fuse:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-Ballast-Repair-Kit-LSUC0022-PT50LC13-PT60LC13-/130744564840

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

The location of the fuse is shown on page 7 of the service manual at the link below if you are looking to repair this yourself:

http://brogers.napalm.net/gallery/tv_repair/PT-50LC13.pdf

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do the fuse placing on top of the projector
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

I'm not sure what you're asking?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

In the picture on page 7, it shows the thermal fuse on the top of the LCD drive (CBA) which is your ballast. That fuse needs to be replaced.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK I gonna try to find it
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Okay, follow those pictures in the manual I sent you and you will not have a problem. You'll need to purchase that kit I linked you to as well.

Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks I w'll
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

You're welcome- and sounds good.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

The 5 STARS should be showing at the top of the page. Let me know if you cannot see them.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I test the fuse it look good to me
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

You posted a specific blink code which is referenced in the service manual directly. I posted what Panasonic's service manual states is the corrective action, and you're saying that's not it. Then maybe the blink code you gave was not the correct one? Not sure how you tested the fuse either here, but at this point given the information I've provided and the outcome- I will have to opt out and am no longer involved in this dialog.