Wayde Alfarone
Wayde Alfarone, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer at Critical Mass/Icon Enterprises
82296607

While in the service mode (panel service) Sony TV KDS

Customer Question

While in the service mode (panel service) for my Sony TV KDS 50A2000, I was adjusting an internal test pattern and I accidentally wrote the test pattern into memory so that every time I turn on the tv the test pattern is displayed. I now have to turn the tv off and on again before the regular tv program is displayed. I pressed "mute + enter" while viewing the test pattern after I adjusted it the in the panel service mode -- but I did not correctly press the jump button twice to return to the QM box + 1 button to go to the pattern select QM (PATN) to change it back to zero (1 0) and then pressing"mute enter." The test pattern in question now is not displayed in the series of test patterns in the service mode. It only shows when I turn on the TV. How can I correct this problem so that the test pattern does not appear when I turn on the TV and the test pattern is displayed in the series of test patterns in the panel service mode? Also, how do I find out what the codes mean in the service panel mode? They are not listed in the service manual for this TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Wayde Alfarone replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is*****'m a 30 year audio/video engineer. I think I can help.

Have you tried a full reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, how do you do a full reset on my Sony TV?

I'll send you the excerpt from the service manual.

Press “TEST “ and “RESET “ key in sequence when the set is ON . The LAMP,TIMER and POWER LED light and the picture is muted. After about 5 seconds the LAMP and TIMER LED go off, and the color of POWER LED changes from amber to green. After another 10 seconds the reset is completed and the initial set-up display appears.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the Test and Reset key?

On the remote

Here is an alternate reset procedure.

Turn on the TV. While holding down the V button on the remote control, press the POWER button on the TV. Release the POWER button then release the V button. The TV will turn itself off, then back on again with Initial Setup. WARNING: This operation will clear all of your customized settings including Parental Lock setting

If this doesn't work, try using the "up" arrow on the remote instead of the V button

Expert:  Wayde Alfarone replied 12 months ago.

John, I hope this takes care of your problem. If not, I'm still here to help even after my rating. Please rate my service and if you need me, I'll be here. ~Wayde~