Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Pioneer elite 1130HD plasma (circa 2006) paired

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Pioneer elite 1130HD plasma (circa 2006) paired with an PRO-RO6U media receiver. I have a monster power surge protector on the unit, but we had a power cycle today and after power came back up both the red "on" light and the orange "standby" light on the media receiver are steady and on. The light on the plasma itself is still steady red (no flashing blue.)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what more details do you want? sorry, I thought that was pretty detailed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

it seems that the power supply board has failed and will need to be replaced.

As you have a monster power surge protector it is unlikely that the system was damaged by a power surge, and more likely that it has simply failed due to age and component degradation over time.