Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have 5.1 blue ray home entertainment system it worked

Customer Question

I have 5.1 blue ray home entertainment system it worked great for a 30 days now I have no sound in center or subwoofer. when we play a dvd we have music but no voices.I checked all connections all are ok . tried all setting on tv and blu ray player still no sound on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Have you tried unplugging the system for 5 minutes or more then plugging back in to see if it resets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, hang on and I'll see if there's any sort of factory reset.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay there's no factory reset, but some steps I'd like you to try to see if this helps.

Please unplug the system, then carefully disconnect and reconnect all of the speakers- ensuring no bare strands of wire are touching adjacent wires- or the chassis of the receiver itself.

Plug it back in and turn it on. Try playing a DVD and if there's still no sound in center of subwoofer, use the DSP/EQ button on the remote to select the different options, and see if any give you sound from these speakers.

Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only had for approx 2 months . I think I,ll send it in to Samsung Eletronics . I did this all today, unplug for over hour, rechecked all wires on speakers wires in blu ray are plug in, when it was unplug. plug back in no voice sound.Try DSP EQ no luck.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I'm sorry to heat that and beyond those steps there's nothing else you can do on a user level to correct this. It does appear to be a hardware related issue that requires attention under warranty. I'm sorry for the bad news on this one and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will I be charged full price for no fix
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't handle nor am I privy to charges. You would need to contact customer service from the home page for that. I'm an independent tech.