Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I JUST PURCHASED A D24h-c1 TV AND IT SHOWS A NO SINAL ON THE

Customer Question

HI, MY NAME IS***** PURCHASED A D24h-c1 TV AND IT SHOWS A NO SINAL ON THE SCREEEN.. I WACHED YOUR TUTORIAL AND I CAN'T REMEMBER IT FROM THE COMPUTER.... THE TV IS LOCATED ON ANOTHER FLOOR...CAN I CALL YOU ,,OR YOU CALL ME AND WALK ME THRU IT ...... THANK YOU..
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi Paul, I can't call you but I might be able to help.

Can you tell me what is connected to the TV?

Is it a Cable Box, or SAT Box connected to the TV using an HDMI (high def) cable?

If so, then you don't have to program anything, simply used the ORIGINAL Vizio remote's "INPUT" button and select the HDMI Input that you're plugged into (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3 respectively).

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, ARIC,,,it is cable box ,, I already went to ADMI and it still come's up ..NO SINGLE..... I went to vizio web site and it did explain how to do it however it go's very fast and instrutions are quiet vast. my tv is on another foor....
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Paul, I need to know how that cable box is connected to the TV. Is it in fact an HDMI cable please?

Also your TV has HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3- did you try them ALL?

Please elaborate so we can save time, and trips up the stairs my friend.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARIC,,, I'm sorry I can't afford another 18.00. it a cable wire, and there's is only one jack that is used for cable ,,, I called my cable porviorter,,, and they said to go with tv setting....
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm not asking you for any more money Paul- that's the site doing that. If you only have a screw-in coaxial cable coming into the TV, then you select the TV setting on the Vizio using the "INPUT" button.

That won't work UNLESS you have already run a channel scan in the Vizio setup MENU and selected Cable prior to that. Have you done all of this yet?

Do you need a link to the manual for the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a coaxial.....my cable provider told me about the scaning.... I tried that. with no response....the manual doesn't explain it......I'm going down stairs and try again......i'll wait for your response,,, first....I said before that I had the link for vizio and I went to the setup,, scaning.. however the explanation went pretty fast...... I think I'm going back to that site,,, and watch it til I can absobe some of it ... to get started .....
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The manual does explain it- I'll reference the page hold on please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Scroll to page 19. It asks you if you're using Cable, it even asks you if you're using a cable box:

http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/d24hc1/um-d24hc1.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that app. that should come up ., doesn't come up .... the only thing that comes up is NO SINGLE... i'll go down and unplug it and see if the app comes up. i'll wait for your response.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what "APP" you're talking about? This is the first time setup of the TV I'm referring to. Maybe you skipped past it by accident?

You're going to need to reset the TV to factory defaults, then the next time you turn it on the setup MENU will be there.

I hope you're using the Vizio remote as well- as the cable remote won't work for this.

Please scroll to page 45 and reset the TV:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this manual doesn't have page numbers....it has INSTALLLING INSTRUTIONS. NO. 1 NO2 ET
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Paul, I am looking at the page numbers on the bottom of each page. Click the LINK that I've posted twice and look at the bottom of each page please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARIC, I went to your link and the link can't reload it ..... so I think I will try to find it on my own to get the manual.... I know how to do that.. i'll wait for your respond ..... I w f y r this is what i'll write for waiting for your respond iwfyr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iwwfyr
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142