Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My? Is my boyfriend threw something and it t the screen of

Customer Question

my ? Is my boyfriend threw something and it hit the screen of my 55 in tv the screen didn't crack just left a scuff mark and when I turned on tv picture was all distorted is this repairable if so how much and is it worth it to get fixed
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv? If you can't get that, then what is the approximate age of the tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it two yrs ago I'll go check 210RMKU9Q621
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That may be a serial, but is not the model.

It will be numbers and letters, and the first 2 numbers should be 55

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
55LS4500
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Great, thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did u find out anything
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, just a moment while I finish typing out a reply, please.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The short answer here is that it cannot be fixed, at least not at any reasonable cost.

What has happened is that the LCD panel (the screen itself) was damaged internally, which is what causes the distortion.

LCD panels cannot be repaired.

That panel would have to be replaced, which is not practical. The part would be nearly impossible to find in the first place, and even when it can the cost is around 90% of the value of the tv. You'd then have several hours of labor to strip down the tv boards/components and rebuilt around the new panel. It would cost quite a bit more to fix than the tv is worth or could be replaced for. Buying a new tv would be more practical than repairs.

I can make some replacement suggestions for you, if you wish.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.