Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung LE32R74BD turns on. Screen is on 1 second then turns

Customer Question

Customer: im Phil. Samsung LE32R74BD turns on. Screen is on for maybe 1 second then turns off again. Not even standby light stays red
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cants get tv to stay on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to TV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
anybody there
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry for the delay.

I may be able to help, but I need to ask you for some more information.

How old is the TV please?

Also, when did the problem occur- was it after a storm, or power outage, etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is 8 years old. Problem was not after storm or power outage
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, was basically wondering if this si the first time it's done it, or if the issue occurred in the past.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Need to check if this works this evening when I get home from work. I will advise then. Thanks Phil
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay no problem. Offhand I don't have high hopes for it, as this is generally a hardware failure that causes this, but it's the only thing you can try on a user level to correct this.

Otherwise the power supply board would need to be replaced which is about 1/2 the cost of a new TV- so generally not cost effective to repair an 8 year old set.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope that didn't work
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

As stated above the power supply board would need to be replaced which is about 1/2 the cost of a new TV- so generally not cost effective to repair an 8 year old set.