Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My son threw s toy and our tv and there is a dime size color

Customer Question

Hi my son threw his toy and our tv and there is a dime size color change inside the TV, if there was a way to send you a picture I would , I just want to know if it can be replaced and ruffly how much ? Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you.

Please click on 'add file' link below the box where you type the reply to attach the picture file which will be very helpful to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the photo?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, got the picture but its not clear.

Do you get picture on screen behind the smudge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no picture behind the smudge !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sending you another picture but you have to look close between the middle and right side of picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'm waiting that picture.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Are you sending the picture now or later?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent it but I'm sending it again now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's really hard to see!
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately it is damage on surface of display panel and entire screen will be replaced because the whole display panel is one part and can't be repaired such damage. Display panel replacement costs approx new TV price of same size so you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this TV repair.

I wish I had better news about TV problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Did you get above reply?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 12 months ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.