Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I believe code 23 is what I've pulled from it pushing menu

Customer Question

I believe code 23 is what I've pulled from it pushing menu and input what should I order for repair man or have. You got answer parents TV big space they do not want new TV Because it would not fill the space this does and it still shows great .bye the way got it working again seem like something has loosened up maybe
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 12 months ago.

Can you solder? There may be bad connections on the TV's main board in the deflection circuit. You stated you got it working again, so it's pointing to that issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
sir but I would not know which one of the boards in back of housing or would it be easier to come in through front panel in front of speakers to get to it.

From the BACK. The board is the one with the thick red wires , on the extreme right. It's the high voltage and deflection board, thus called the MAIN board. See the big metal pieces -- those parts on those pieces should be checked for cracked solder since they heat up the most. Big heat sinks for Big Heater Parts, remember that. Smart thing is to only solder the BIG parts, don't do the small ones as they don't get cracks on them. If the solder connections are really close together, make sure you don't bridge the pins with solder. If you do, use solder wick to unbridge the pins. SEE PICTURE BELOW -

View post on imgur.com