Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio Model #E500i-B1 and the TV will not power on.

Customer Question

I have a Vizio Model #E500i-B1 and the TV will not power on. The light at the bottom of the left front illuminates for a few seconds and then it extinguishes. Can this be fixed?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Hello, Yes this can be fixed- but not without hardware replacement inside the set. If you're looking to do this yourself, I need to know how long you've owned the set for, and if anything at all displays on the screen in the few seconds it turns on (Vizio logo, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 12 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.