Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a WH SK-32h570d that the screen is darker on one

Customer Question

Hello, I have a WH SK-32h570d that the screen is darker on one side. I have replaced the 3 inverter transformers coils.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , about that dark screen ;

Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?

Does it get better/worse as the tv warms up ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Still with me ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Looks like the phone request did not work so we`ll continue here and in any case if this is what I think then we won`t need the phone

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The phone call would cost you an extra $18 anyway

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Tell me if the picture is affected when you knock on the TV's frame on that dark side of the screen ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No knocking has no affect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my last response?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then in any case I can tell you that although its true the transformer problem was common for this model and power/inverter board , this is not the case this time.

When one of those transfos would go then you would lose the whole picture not just dark and the same if only a couple of ccfl tubes were gone , the power board would shut down the whole inverter .

What you have is a defective lcd panel which effectively kills this tv unless you could find a used panel for it .

Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today but If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The initial problem was that the tv would turn on for just a few seconds the go dark. After I replaced the coils it now stays on but only half of the back lights or coming on.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes those were the symptoms of bad transfos but unless you rigged you inverter board in some way to bypass some of the tubes and thus defeat the shutdown circuit then it should act the same as before if you still had a bad transfo .

Not sure what you`re looking for here .

If you think one of the transfo is bad then replace it , I`m just saying that if one of them is bad then it should act the same as originally , otherwise your panel is bad

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Is this your tv or you are repairing this for someone ?

A tv you got as is perhaps ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms you have now are not those of a defective inverter board .

What you described later on yes those fits with that but your first description of the problem does not fit with that and I don`t know if the panel problem was there originally (before the tranfo replacement) but it seem to be there now .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got as is.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then my guess is that the panel problem was there and they just decided to get rid of it when it went altogether

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.

Thanks for understanding .