Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Recently got an update to my Sony tv, now I have CC on tthe

Customer Question

Recently got an update to my Sony tv, now I have CC on tthe screen. I have tried every method I know of to turn it off and cannot do so. I have used settings; preferences,, CC, on/off. It is in the Off position each time, but does not remove from screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

If you change channels with a cable or satellite remote and the cable/sat box is connected with HDMI, then the captions option is not turned on/off using the Sony tv remote. You have to use the cable/sat box remote. Look for a CC button on the cable/sat remote or go into the settings menu for the box and look for audio settings or captions.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

If your setup differently or need more help remember that I am here to help you. Use the REPLY option if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

I have donated my invaluable time helping you rather than other paying customers. In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,