hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Cable TV Installer
Experience:  State Of Hawaii Certified Cable TV installer
40928634

I have 2 LG 32" TV's that sit side-by-side. Both are hooked

Customer Question

I have 2 LG 32" TV's that sit side-by-side. Both are hooked to different computers. One is also hooked to DirecTV. One I have been using both as a TV and a computer monitor by changing the input. By adding the second, I had hoped to be able to check news or surf during commercials or time-outs in a game or yellow flags in a race.
It turns out that if I change the input on one the other also changes. Either remote does something to both TV's. If I buy a Logitech Harmony remote, like the 350, after I unplug TV-1, then program TV-2, will it control both TV's or just TV-2.
If this won't work, do you have a solution for my?
Category: TV
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there the problem is that you can't change the codes separately that each TV will recognize. The remote will trigger both TVs. There is only one solution but it is very expensive called an Ocelet which you can use to convert the codes reaching one of the TVs. Here is the manual

​Sorry that I can't give you an easy answer and it's not want you want to hear.