Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Sir, along the same lines of what I see in this overall

Customer Question

sir, along the same lines of what I see in this overall page, I have a Samsung TV model UN50H6201AF...and a Vizio soundbar model SB2920-C6. No sound when the TV is set to audio speaker instead of TV speaker. Same thing with RCA soundbar. Technician just left, he seemed sharp, could not get sound from TV to soundbar with all kinds of different cable connections but proved the soundbar works when connected to his smartphone. He says it must be something Samsung did that allows the TV to only talk to Samsung soundbars, which may be true but I find hard to believe. Your thoughts?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, No, this has nothing to do with the TV not being able to talk to other soundbars. It has to do with the audio decoding at the output of the TV with regards ***** ***** Please tell me:

What source(s) are connected to the TV (for example: Cable Box via HDMI, etc.).

Also, what type of cable is it you're trying to connect the soundbar to the TV with (optical, HDMI, RCA, etc.)?