Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Samsung did a Smart Hub upgrade 11/25. We have a Samsung

Customer Question

Samsung did a Smart Hub upgrade 11/25. We have a Samsung model UN40J6300AF connected to Direct TV cable box. TV and Durect TV worked fine before the upgrade. Turned on the TV after upgrade and message reads. "No signal". Contacted Samsung 3 times. Each time 2+hrs ith Customer service. Unplugged both power cords, unplugged HDMI cable(currently in HDMI1), plugged it in to HDMI2. Checked for updates and more. After re-plugging all cables, TV will find Direct TV and will work but as soon as we turn off TV and Direct TV and then turn on again, Samsung looses the connection to Direct TV and message on screen is "no signal". We have to unplug again and plug in everything to get it to work. Does Samsung have a firmware upgrade to resolve this and if so, when and how do we get this. Direct TV has told us that this is a problem and that Samsung is working on it. Is this true? Any other solutionss?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is indeed a known issue stemming from a bad software update that was pushed out.

You'll need to update to the latest version, 1431.

You can do this manually, by downloading the file to your computer, putting it on a usb stick, then loading that to the tv.

Instructions: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201504/20150415145227464/2015_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instruction_T-HKMFAKUC.pdf

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,