Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Just got 85 inch 4K samsung. When there is fast motion on

Customer Question

just got 85 inch 4K samsung. When there is fast motion on screen, the digital pictures breaks up horizontally about a third of the way up from the bottom of the screen
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my blu ray gives a perfect picture so I don't think its the brank new tv. this distortion happens with apple TV, Tivo from cable company Atlantic Broadband for recorded shows and live TV. For example, if a person runs across the screen, at about one third of the way up from the bottom of the screen, a horizontal distortion takes place where their feet are slightly shifted to the right or left of the body. This only happens when there is fast motion.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with TV. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Have you tried to turn Off Auto Motion Plus feature in Picture menu to see if it correct picture distortion?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all the different settings in Auto Motion Plus: turning it off, and all the other choices including custom where I increased blur and judder to 10. Nothing works. The problem does not happen with Blu-ray or with 4K video direct from youtube. However when I use the TIVO from the Atlantic Broadband cable company or Apple TV I get this horizontal distortion during fast movement of characters on screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that - Have you tried to unplug TV, Apple TV box and Tivo box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried unplugging everything. I have used different HDMI cables.
I posted a short video I took with my Iphone of the problem on youtube. Here is the link to the video so you can see what it looks like:
https://youtu.be/aL90OSdzjFk
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for video clip, have you tried Tivo and Apple TV to another TV, if available to see if picture appears normal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Tivo and Apple TV were attached to a 75 inch HD televsion and they worked fine with the television. I bought the new 85 inch TV and simply changed out the TV but the blu-ray, Tivo and Apple TV all remained the same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible that the 4K is not compatible with the older tivo and apple tv? Or could it be that the cable signal from the Cable company was good enough for the 75 inch but not good enough for the 85 inch and that distortion is simple a poor quality signal from the cable company?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It seems that Tivo and Apple box are not compatible/ capable for this 4K UHD TV and an upgrade/ newer version for 4K Tivo box would work fine with this TV, screen size doesn't matter (75 or 85 inch) but this TV needs UHD signal from connected video source and bluray provides proper signal thus TV works fine with it. Please ask your cable service provider to send higher quality Tivo box for this TV to resolve the problem.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.