Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm having some issues with a Samsung HLT6187s

Customer Question

Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the DLP chip, and the TV came back up, with no spots but the picture was out of alignment. I went into the service menu, hit something in there by accident, and the screen went black, and nothing works after that. I was told to replace the main board and that would solve the problem, so I did that today. The problem still persists, with exactly zero change from the old board. What gives?
Expert:  Sam Dennis Bradley replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE Please check this link for the picture of the power supply. This model is known for bulged capacitors on the power supply and will hinder startup of the set. If you located any bulged capacitors, the best thing to do is replace the power supply module.