Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

I have a Mitsubishi H D 1080 65" TV it has a greenish tint

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi H D 1080 65" TV it has a greenish tint when I play blue ray movies the picture is fine with cable
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions like the tv`s model number so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Will have to step out for 20 minutes , if you can send me your reply i will get back to you when i return

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model number is ***** Serial number is *****
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and can you tell me where or how the bluray is connected to the tv ?

This tv does not have HDMI inputs so it would have to be component 1 or 2 ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

In that case check the plugs connected in the terminals Pb and Pr at both ends by pulling them out and back in securely .

If that did not change anything then try to swap them with the cable box cables to see if that will do it , right now it looks like you either have a bad connection or defective cable

Let me know how that goes and if that does the trick then please do not forget to rate me so I get paid for my time.

Otherwise let me know and we`ll see what can be done

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have analog cables to my onkyo receiver and blue ray with hdmi cables to the receiver
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then that explains the bluray but now this onkyo is new in the equation .

So are you telling that everything (cable box and bluray) goes through the onkyo before going to the tv or the cable box directly into the tv for example ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Another thing here , you are telling that the bluray video (hdmi) input is being outputted analog from the onkyo to the tv ???

In other words the onkyo downconverts the hdmi signal to component or composite signal to feed the tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Tell how this whole thing is connected and give me the onkyo`s model number and we`ll see what can be done

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Still there ???

Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The first expert had to step away. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

You say that the Blu Ray is connected to the Onkyo using HDMI. How is the Onkyo connected to the TV?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have my analog cables go from the tv to my cable box hdmi cables from cable box to the receiver and blue ray and I have analog to hdmi converter connected to my tv
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

OK, stay with me because I'm trying to understand.

If you remove the analog cables to the TV from the cable box and instead use the HDMI to analog converter, what happens?