Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv turns on goes to a static screen shuts off comes back on

Customer Question

tv turns on goes to a green static screen shuts off comes back on sometimes goes to a out of focus screen turns off comes back on fine
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Offhand this is an LCD TV not a DLP. To find out what is causing this- I need you to grab the original Samsung remote (not the cable remote and not a universal remote) and press MENU when the screen is green. When the screen is green and MENU is pressed- does the TV's native MENU appear normally over the green screen please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try that the next time it happens this time it turned on the first time
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay sounds good. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV Menu screen does not appear when in static green screen
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay this indicates the failure in the set is hardware-related and is either caused by a failing power board or LCD controller. Average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range and if you'd like you can locate a shop at the kink below:

http://www.tvrepirpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.