Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sony Bravia KD55X85 which is brand new. The set was

Customer Question

Hi
I have a Sony Bravia KD55X85 which is brand new. The set was turned off in the middle of configuring and now the set slowly flashes white/light blue.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The blinking light is an error code signifying a fault. While it's highly possible you have a defective set and would want to exchange it, it's also possible that the TV simply needs a hard reboot.

Please unplug the TV from power, then press and hold the power button on the set itself (not the remote) for 20 full seconds and release. Wait a full minute then plug the TV back into power and press power once. Let me know exactly what happens please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I have tried this and no joy.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please tell me what pattern of light blinking you get after trying this.

Also does the light start blinking as soon as the set is plugged in, or only after the power button is pressed?

As asked, I need to know EXACTLY what the set does after those steps.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set flashes green and amber once plugged back in and the same when plugged in and power button pressed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This indicates a fault with the Mainboard of the set. I'm sorry but the only thing you can try is leaving it unplugged from power for several hours or more in the hopes that the processor resets. If it does not, then you have a lemon here and would need to return the set and swap through the retailer. I'm sorry for the bad news but there isn't a quick fix for this problem.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. Just to add I have had all boards replaced and the t-con.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hmm, in your opening question you said the TV was "brand new".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is brand new.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So it's brand new yet you have had every single board in the TV replaced? You've lost me. I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am dissatisfied with your answers.