Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Message on tv how to power off press exit key and turn power

Customer Question

message on tv how to power off press exit key and turn power off with remote control , I do not have a remote it is loss
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello

How and when did you get that message , are you doing a firmware upgrade or something of the sort ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l turned tv on this morning and the message was there
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This is rather odd , is this tv connected to a network or wifi ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has wifi
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me a minute ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry this took a while .

Right now the fact that you don`t have the remote does not help but if you press the power button directly on the tv , does it work ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k and when you pull out the power cord and plug it back , does it come back on by itself ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

How about the other buttons on the front of the tv , do they have any effect ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it come on by itself with message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
other buttons no effect
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This is not good , how do you usually operate the tv if you have no remote , with the buttons on it or perhaps the cable company remote ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
direct tv remote
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k and does the direct tv remote have any effect on the tv ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Right now the only thing I can see that could help beside replacing the main board for a failed firmware upgrade would be to try the functions the tv is asking for (power and exit) on the TV's original remote.

You can get that remote at the link below for $20 ;

http://www.lg.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=AKB73275675&refnum=47CS570

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If the tv does not respond to anything now then a new main board would certainly fix that but I would suggest trying a new original remote before anything else.

That remote will come in handy later on anyway .

If the new remote doesn`t do the trick then you are at the main board replacement option .

This main board cost some $110 depending on where you buy it and if you want to look into replacing it yourself then I will find it for you and help you along but if that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
l will buy new tv
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

No problem then

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Thanks for understanding .