Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Panasonic HDTV model #TC-P4252 (may be 42S2)

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic HDTV model #TC-P4252 (may be 42S2) MB00330143 Feb 2010. The set plays fine but developes a staticyScratchy sound that increases in frequency & loudness until the only way to view it is with sound off and closed captioning on. It is @ the TV Repair Shop for the second time & no matter what he hooks it up to it plays flawlessly so obviously the problem is in our house or neighborhood. We have another TV and it plays fine. We have hooked the Panasonic up to other cable jacks & it still gets static. The only change in the house before this started was to switch our phone over from Verizon to Frontier our cable provider. HELP! Thanks, Bert
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The most important check is to connect another input upto the TV like a DVD player for example does it do the same using that?or is this perfectly OK, this check will really help with diagnosis

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still has the same symptons if connected to DVD. Also if connected to different TV jack. There has to be some interference with this particular TV and @ our house because it does not occur @ TV Shop or with our other TV set. Can Comcast diagnos with some device to detect interference source for the Panasonic or is there a filter available from them or Best Buy or similar that would solve the problem?

You see if it does the same using a DVD player that is entirely separate from the cable box then it CANT be the cable box if you are getting sound interference coming from the tv speakers, sound interference can only happen from cable if you are watching cable, you do have a problem with the TV what the tech should do is replace the main-board where all the sound processing is carried out that way the whole of the sound including processing and amplification is eliminated, if you want to replace the main-board yourself please let me know, its a seemingly very intermittent issue.Please verify that the sound IS coming from the TV speaker and not elsewhere by putting your ear to the speakers on the front or side of the set

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating band with this post thanks again

Regards

Anthony