Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My panasonic has a strange pattern happening. had some

Customer Question

my panasonic has a strange pattern happening . had some blurry horizontal lines then picture failing on and off for a while then can work fine for hours .have noticed now as soon as you touch the volume button on the remote the screen goes immediately and may return shortly afterwards with an on off procedure.? is it doomed? am running tv only thru foxtel and not touching the remote or tv and it seems to operate fine picture wise .
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is the display going black?if so during the time it is black if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
display was going black briefly flashing annoyingly over the past week or so . yes menu comes up no problem now and the tv seems to be functioning fine this evening with volume control and all other buttons working fine now? but things could change within hours .almost like its possessed .

You must perform the test DURING the fault phase so when its black press the menu button of the sets own remote control let me know if the menu comes up whilst its black, this will tell me a lot about what is happening with it and eliminate various things ,so there is no rush most prob with TV are intermittent ones so just come back here when ready

Anthony